Ayana Presents the Fashion Fellowship Intern Program (F-FIP)
We’re always looking for artistic and innovative minds that care about
creating something purposeful in the fashion world. With this in mind, we are calling upon students from all over the country to apply for the F-FIP, a one of a kind fellowship, to give the best and brightest an unique advantage in the real world.
Ayana under its Fellowship Programme awards Indian students with a consistently good academic record and passion in the fashion world to engage and create the next generation fashion wear and sell them in the real world through our sales and marketing channels. Ayana Fellow’s will get a fully funded opportunity to interact, innovate, design, create and stitch ethnic, contemporary or western wear and track its success all the way.
- Students with a passion and urgency to create something distinctive and announce their arrival to the world. Thirst and hunger to see your designs sold in the real world.
- Student currently pursuing a bachelors or graduate program at a recognised university below 30 years of age.
- Applications for F-FIP are invited twice a year in the month of January and July for every academic year.
- Each candidate is required to submit their resume, copy of college transcripts and a detailed Statement of Purpose on your vision, how you are looking to transform the fashion world and why this fellowship is so important to you.
- Only candidates shortlisted for the next round of the selection process are contacted by us.
- The next and final round of the selection process is the design round.
- 1) Transcripts of all years of undergraduate and/or graduate programme.
- 2) Completed resume and One passport size photograph.
- 3)Detailed Statement of Purpose
- 4)Copy of passport or government isssued photo ID.
Selection Procedure for the Fellowship
All applications will be screened for shortlisting. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed between the months of February-March for the Spring Program and Aug-Sep for the Summer program. It is mandatory for all the shortlisted candidates to attend a personal or skype interview (if not based out of Chennai) at which candidates make a detailed presentation on an outfit design of their choice – be it ethnic/contemporary/western, for woman/man, colors, material, budget, stitching and vision for why their design will be a show stopper in the fashionista world.
Please note: The design interview is the basis for final selection.
Post Selection Formalities
Ayana will announce the final list of fellows towards the end of March and August for the Spring and Summer program respectively following which fellows can freely interact with our CEO, designers and marketing team to further their designs, material selection and procurement, understand colors that sell, budget and saleability of their design to maximize success in the real world. After further discussion, each fellow will be allocated a budget to work with for their design. Ayana will FULLY FUND and help with the nuts and bolts of your design and support fellows to design, procure material, stitch and end-product presentation before it makes our sales website. Fellows can sell their design under a name they choose and track the success of their designs over coming months.
For more information on the Fellowship Programme please feel free to write to us at: